About The Journal
This journal covers all aspects of information and communication technology, its theories and applications. The aim of this journal is to provide coverage of the most significant research and development in the area of information and communication technology. To be accepted, a paper must be judged to be truly out standing in its field and to be of interest to a wide audience. We are particularly interested in work at the boundaries, both the boundaries of subdisciplines of information and communication technology and the boundaries between information and communication technology and other fields. This is an open access journal. The articles on this site are available in full-text and free of charge to our web visitors.
Journal of Information and Communication Technology (JICT) is abstracted and indexed in:
- Malaysian Citation Index (MyCite),
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- UDLedge Social Science & Humanities Citation Index (SS&HCI) and Focus (Journals and Conference Proceedings)
The scope of the journal is broad and it includes but not limited to the following topics:
- General - Introductory and Survey, Reference.
- Hardware - Control Structures and Microprogramming, Arithmetic and Logic Structures, Memory Structures, Input/Output and Data Communications, Register-Transfer-Level Implementation, Logic Design, Integrated Circuits, Performance and Reliability.
- Computer Systems Organization - Processor Architectures, Computer-Communication Networks, Special-Purpose and Application-Based Systems, Performance of Systems, Computer System Implementation
- Software - Programming Techniques, Software Engineering, Programming Languages, Operating Systems
- Data - Data Structures, Data Storage Representations, Data Encryption, Coding and Information Theory, Files.
- Theory of Computation - Computation by Abstract Devices, Analysis of Algorithms and Problem Complexity, Logics and Meanings of Programs, Mathematical Logic and Formal Languages.
- Mathematics of Computing - Numerical Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, Mathematical Software.
- Information Systems - Models and Principles, Database Management, Information Storage and Retrieval, Information Systems Applications, Information Systems Applications, Information Interfaces and Presentation.
- Computing Methodologies - Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Graphics, Image Processing and Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Simulation and Modelling, Document and Text Processing.
- Computer Applications - Administrative Data Processing, Physical Sciences and Engineering, Life and Medical Sciences, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Computer-Aided Engineering, Computers in Other System.
- Computing Milieus - The Computer Industry, History of Computing, Computers and Education, Computers and Society, Legal Aspects of Computing, Management of Computing and Information Systems, The Computing Profession, Personal Computing.
- Human Aspects of Computing Systems.
ISSN Print 1675-414X
ISSN Online 2180-3862